Fiberit

Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby it's cold outside...


I have been busy - I'm not ignoring my blog but darn it's hard to sit down and work on the computer this time of year.


Hoodie: I'm up to the sleeves - had to stop to work on sister's afghan and ellie's mittens. I'll get photos of those up here when I finish them but am anxious to get back to my hoodie!
Well, I don't have to tell anybody this but retail is really slow this year. I am working in the Galleria and it is slow during the week. I think everybody is freaked out about the recession. I don't blame them. It is brutal. I know people still have money but fewer than before.
Betsy's Back Porch where Bungee always met, has closed her doors. She was so gracious and kind to let us sit there every other Sat. but the economics had finally got to her and she couldn't continue like so many others. So sad, but we will continue Bungee in January and will post on the website the new location. I am also changing locations in Carver. Carver Creek Drygoods is being used for a new business. Still antiques and furniture but new people will be there in January so I will be open in my House Jan 17 from 10-2 PM for any knitters, weavers or spinners. Stop by and visit.
I am working on a Catering business with a friend of mine and we will soon have her website up and running- I will get a link to her site from mine. If you are looking for great homemade, comfort, original recipes for your gatherings, Garlic Breath Catering, is the place. I'm very excited about this and we are looking for a new space to cater out of plus have women's retreats, showers, family reunions, antiques and knit shop. There are a few places in Carver that we are interested in so I will keep you posted.
Babysat last Friday nite and I'm proud to say, I made cupcakes or "pupcakes" as Ellie calls them with all THREE CHILDREN IN TOW. I wouldn't have taken this on when I was 20 years old so I don't know what my daughter was thinking when she asked me to do this at my current age. Surprisingly her children are so used to cooking with her that they were perfect. Josh loves to break the eggs, I crack them and he "SQUISHES" them, seriously squishes them. Oh, well, what's a few shells.
Logan loved it and Ellies does the pouring. We frosted and sprinkled and ate them with delight and then everyone went to bed and turned out the lights.
Have a great week. More later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home