Fiberit

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ever have the wind knocked out of you?

Boy, did I have a shock yesterday. Dear friends of mine are going their separate ways. I don't want to divulge any details here but his is something so extremely unexpected from the male person that I think he's had a personality transplant. This is going to be a difficult time. It is not my family just so you know.

I find it more and more difficult to understand why people continue to hurt each other so terribly, the deceit and sneaking around is so unneccessary.

I know from my own experience of being married for 30 years, the ups and downs are always there no matter who you are married to. You just hope one of you is strong enough at the time to carry the load and make the first step to reach out and remember how it was at the
beginning.

Lucky for me and I am blessed in this, my ex and I spend all the holidays, birthdays, all special occassions together with our children and grandchildren. They love it and enjoy and relish in the fact that we are able to be friends, continue to parent and support them and actually enjoy being around each other again. Of course, this didn't happen overnite, it grew over 10 years. We have our separate lives but after being married for that long, I find it difficult to not be friends.
We are so blessed to have healed from this and can continue our lives.

Didn't mean to get so deep but wanted to get this off my chest. I'm so sad for this family and things are so uncertain for them. The only advice I have is to take it slow and see what happens.

my mantra is "love and peace".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home