Fiberit

Monday, November 03, 2008

November

It feels like 70 degrees today - cuz it is!!! I love it. I remember a few year's ago - probably 10 or so - it stayed really nice all through November - we walked outside after Thanksgiving Dinner in 50 degrees - no jacket. Not good for the trees cuz there was no rain either but it was lovely for getting ready for Christmas. I saw people stringing up their lights this weekend. I'm still raking leaves, cutting down perennials and sealing windows and doors.

I was thinking yesterday as I worked my tail off all day in the yard, wasn't I done with all this by Nov. last year? Yes, because I wasn't working so I had more time to clean up last year.

Holloween was great! Josh was a skunk and insisted on spraying everyone (real cute!) and Ellie was a lovely, somewhat graceful butterfly and Logan was an blue octopus. He really didn't get what was going on but when the kids arrived at his door in costume he thought just laughed and ran out after them. He would let out a greeting that was supposed to be "HI" but sounded more like a squeal. He just had a fantastic time. All of a sudden he's grown up. He was just smiles all over the place.

Dano came home that evening and we watched the DaVinci Code, which I never saw but read the book. I think the movie was a little confusing or else I'm just forgetting how confusing the book was. It didn't help that we started it half way through.

Saturday, I worked until 3 pm. Came home - did some yard work, baby sat at 6:30 PM and fell asleep on the couch at 9:00 PM.

Sunday, I worked like crazy in the yard and had my first ride on the Huskavarna mower. It was really fun except for the slight miscalculation I had with the STOP SIGN! I got a little hung up and couldn't back the thing up. I got off and tried to push it back a little - got back on - started it again and finally it backed up so I could get unhooked from the sign. I was thinking, "I cannot call Bob, he'll kill me".

At any rate, I did have a good time riding around the yard - I kinda had a hard time remembering where I was at times. I didn't plan to spray the leaves back into the rocks which I had just blown out with the blower but I just forgot which way I was turned. I'm sure this just takes practice.

With all this work, I got very little knitting accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home