Fiberit

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Dec. 3, 2008

Here we go again - nearly Christmas and I'm feeling a little behind already. How does it always creep up on me.

I went downstairs this afternoon - it was already dark - and I was trying to dig out X-mas stuff when the power went out. The basement was black and if you have seen my basement lately, there are plastic boxes of yarn and fiber all over the place, plus tables, ladders, chairs, etc. and I fortunately was able to feel my way back to the washer and dryer, with the dog staring at me like I was crazy, and find the right switch in the dark to turn on some lights. I guess I had too many things on at one time.

I was feeling a little squemish because I knew there was a dead critter somewhere down here. B came over to go to eat and he came down to help me find the dead critter. We found it under the chair and it was a BAT. I have no idea how it got into the basement but when it was still alive and squeaking that is exactly what it sounded like, I was just hoping it wasn't. So we sweapt him up and flushed him down the toilet in the basement, which after B dropped it in said, he couldn't flush it cuz there was no water in the toilet. You can imagine the rest of the conversation, but it did flush and he's gone. (the bat that is, not B).

I have been really busy and not been blogging much lately. I'm sorry but it's difficult to get at this when I'm running in 3 or 4 different directions.
*We are launching the catering business, Garlic Breath Catering, website should be up soon.
*I'm working odd hours at Uber Baby,
* helping with the grandchildren and trying to get my crafts stuff done for Carver Creek Drygoods next week. We are open in Carver this weekend just for Saturday so I finished up two jackets for that tonight.

*New Prague has a list of people wanting classes but then they never respond to my emails so I may just have to set a date in January and have them sign up. I hope it works.

I had my hair cut last Sat and there is this nice older lady that works at the shop and we were all visiting and she said, "there was a rumor going around last week that "B" died (this could be a man's or woman's name). I ran into a guy I know and he said, "Well, B I heard you died?" "I went down to Tom at the Mortuary and asked him if you were there and he said, No, he didn't know if you had died." Well, B, was incensed. So, she went down to the mortuary and said, "Tom, if I had died, you would know, You would have been the one to pick me up, why did you say you didn't know?" For heavens sake, small towns. This is the second time this has happened to her. This really happens in small towns.

One nice thing about working at the Galleria is that I run into old friends alot. Two women came in this week and I had not seen the daughter for at least 10 years. She had moved to Canada and was home for a visit with her baby son. It was so good to see them and catch up a little.

KNITTING PROJECTS:
I am working on trying to finish my sister's afghan this week. I need to finish Ellies other mitten and then back to the sleeves on the Hoodie. That's my update on knitting. No Christmas gifts on my list this year. I'm not going to be pressured into finishing something else before Christmas. No, not going to do it!

Keep on knitting. Call me if you have extra time to knit something for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home