Fiberit

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Friday should have been the 13th

It was one of those days. I didn't work all day, so I thought I'd have the whole day to do crafting and what not.

The morning started off with Coffee at Dunn Bros., stopped by Bluff Creek to pick up check. Manager said he would deliver bricks to B's house today. Okay, B is going to be in a meeting over lunch and then hunting so I would have to be there to accept the load of bricks. No Problem-o.

Got back home, worked on a few projects, made phone calls and about 1:00 pm, Ryan called to say he was on his way with the bricks. I met him at B's house. Well, Ryan, who drives a little crazy stopped a little to quickly and all the bricks went sliding off the pallet into the back of the pick up - luckily they were not high enough to go through the window. He's a crazy kid. Therefore, we had to unload them by hand. So I built this great little wall on the grass. B owes me big time! He was impressed, so that helped. My hands were so cold they hurt and I'm not even sure about my back yet.

Got home, took off my filthy jacket and ran downstairs to throw in the washer. Came up to do some crafting and ran downstairs as fast as I could remembering my phone was in my pocket. Yes, it was soaked. Now I have to go to EP Mall and get a new phone, which is probably not insured. (never dreaming I would wash it). About $130 later, I head back home. Stop at the antique store in Carver (which I love) for some accessories to my new project. Meanwhile, Kim had called and she wanted to look at a rental property in Carver for her catering business we might work on together, Garlic Breath Catering. Great Food. There is a renevated space next to the adorable reconditioned gas station downtown. There is also a Victorian house some of us are looking at for a retreat center and we could cater out of there. So many ideas, so exciting, no wonder I washed the phone. My head is swimming with possibilities.

Kim came back to Carver with her daughter, Sam, who is already 13, which I can hardly believe, and we had hamburgers at Harveys. By now I'm too tired to pick up needles. To Bed.

My new manager is pissed off at me because I am trying to get another part time job. I told them that when they hired me but apparently she didn't know. We are hiring another person so it shouldn't be a big deal. It's a little disconcerting, however, to have conflict already. I work today so we'll see what the mood is.

Keep knitting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home