Fiberit

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Change

Change is the word for today - Big Change last night - I'm an Obama supporter so I was very excited. I have a little hope again for this country. It was very exciting to watch. We made a pot of tortilla soup, corn bread and wine and watched until about 10 PM. Finally, I couldn't watch anymore. Good news this morning when I woke up.

Recipe: This is a collaborative effort between Jeff (his wife) and Rigo (chef)
This was a hit with Bob - Very good - you can spice it up as much as you want but real mexican food is not really all that spicy, just great flavor. (of course today, Bob says he had such indigestion he woke up several times last night. He had two big bowls, Folks).

1 Med/small onion, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 anaheim pepper, chopped
1 pallamo pepper, chopped
1 lg. can (32 oz) of chicken broth
1 can 8 oz. of Raul tomatoes w/ peppers (I used 2 cans)
1 8 oz. can of corn with peppers]
1 8 oz. can of V8 juice
2 chicken breast, grilled and shredded (I bought Pepittos grilled chicken)
1/2 c. fresh chopped cilantro

Fresh Chips and sour cream

Saute all chopped ingredients, remove from pan and blend in the cuisinart. Return to pan, add liquids and cilantro. (I did not use the cuisinart, I left mine chunky)

Crumble chips in the bottom of the bowl, ladel on the soup mix, add cheese and sour cream
Enjoy. You can spice this up as much as you want with more peppers.



Balmy outside - I guess there will be a big change in the weather by the weekend. Need to get those leaves put away.

Change Jobs:
I also have another bit of good news. I got an Asst Mgr. position with Uber Baby and Uber Expecting in the Galleria. They also have an outlet and a space at Kowalskis. Very cute shop and reasonably priced for parents, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles. Stop by the Galleria and say hello. I'm only part time right now.

I'm also working with a friend of mine, Kim, and her catering company, "Garlic Breath Catering." This could also be alot of fun. Kim is very creative and loves to cook, so I'll be the business person, keeping track of things, website and sales.

My knit shop is doing very well. I'll be teaching this winter it looks like. New Prague said lessons are starting to sign up, So I'll keep you posted where I'll be - makes my head dizzy but all fun fun fun!

I need to sit and knit for awhile.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM , Blogger Cher said...

Any chance I can get the tortilla soup recipe? Sounds like something I would love, Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home