Fiberit

Monday, October 20, 2008

New Shop







As most of you know I am now open in Carver and New Prague. It's been almost a year since I closed in Minneapolis. I couldn't stand it, I needed my shop. Sales are increasing and so is interest. It gives me hope and keeps me afloat! This weekend is the special open weekend in Carver. I've ordered in new sock yarn from Southwest Trading in several colors, so if you are looking for new sock yarn to play with, come on down! I've also ordered the Lucy Neatby pattern to make a domino hat with sock yarn. I have fulled mitten kits, hat kits and some scarf samples for sale.


I have been dyeing fiber this weekend and I leave it out to dry in the basement. Cally, for some unknown reason, loves to get into it and spread it all over the basement. I know it's her because she has some caught in between her toe nails! Busted again! She loves the smell of it, I guess. Sometimes she even eats it and then we're in big trouble. I'll get some photos up when I get home. There are some beautiful colors. There is a little problem in the basement, something is squeaking quite loudly down there so it may be a few days before I get photos. I hate rodents in my house so I've taken all the precautions and now it's just wait em out time.


I saw a very cute site this weekend and wished I'd had my camera with me. I was coming into Carver off the hwy and this guy was riding his bike with a Cat perched around his neck. Looked like this was an every day occurrence for them.




I had another busy weekend. Saturday, we went to the farmer's market first thing, got beets, spinach, green beans, brussel sprouts, honey crisp apples, pumpkins, and my boquet. Came home and I dyed fiber, made three more jackets (photos later), cleaned the house, a little, ran errands, came home and worked on some pin cushions and my felted jackets. Sunday, I watched the news shows and finished knitting a hat, I love Sunday Morning shows. I baked two banana loaves, made a taco hotdish for Dan who was on his way over to help with some projects.


Dan arrived and we moved the air conditioner out of my office window, cleaned the gutters with my new extended ladder. This never is an easy task, but Dan was a huge help. The beetles were kinda getting to him so I sprayed with soapy water again. Then finally, we got the bedframe upstairs for the bed I have sitting on the floor. Now I can finally finish that room and start on the one next door.


Dan left and I went to Nicole's for carving pumpkins with the grandchildren. They were so excited. I dug them out and carved a couple faces and then Jenna arrived, their adored aunt, and she finished the carving. They had to put their costumes on and run around the yard. A swinging skunk and butterfly were pushed on the swings to their hearts content.


We had a lovely roast dinner and ice cream and it was time for bed. I headed home and collapsed on the sofa - knitting away in my sleep.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home