Fiberit

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beautiful






That is all I can say about this weather. I am itching to get up north. I've been checking out the last minute deals. I'm just not sure when this job will be done so I can get away for a couple days.
I've been doing some dye work again. I'll get some photos up real soon. If you need fiber for spinning or felting just give me a holler.

It's been a hectic but lovely week. I went to a new apple orchard on Tues. morning with the grandchildren. It's out on Hwy. 5 just passed Victoria, called Deerdorf orchards (Waconia). You turn on Parley Lake Rode. There is a historic farm on the front of the property and then you follow the road around to the apple picking site. It's very kid related, it has animals, a shop, wagons and hayrides. I believe they are closing at the end of the month.

We had a great time. Logan got his first taste of an apple, they are all organic, and he just sat in my lap giggling at the wonderful taste. He was pretty funny. Josh and Ellie just ran around in the field of leaves having a great time. They also both picked a bag of apples each.

While I was waiting for them to arrive I sat on the road leading to the orchard and the farmstead had two horses sitting by the barn (1835 circa.). I took some photos and got in and out of the car a few times, knitted on the hoodie, and suddenly I realized that these two horses had not moved since I'd been there. The kids pulled up and I said, "You know, I think those horses are fake." They must be for show cuz they have not twitched an ear or tail or hoof for 15 minutes." Just as we drove away the white one moved it's head to watch us. I have never seen horses stand that still before and I've been around alot of horses.








SPECIAL NOTE TO CHER
I received an email from Cher yesterday wondering when the next Bungee group meets and where it meets. Thanks Cher for your kind words, I miss it too! We will meet on Sat. the 25th from 1-4 pm at Betsy's Back Porch on 54th and Nicollet. I was not able to respond because your email as it was not shown in that format. If you send me your email, I will add you to the Bungee list. You can also check out the website at www.creativefibers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home