Fiberit

Thursday, October 02, 2008

mushrooms








I found these at the garden center - in the sun they looked really gold. My photo does not do them justice. I wonder if they're poisonous???


No, not a hullucinagetic either!


We have had some great Fall weather and I hope you have all been able to enjoy it. I'm really into crafting at this time of year.

Sunday, my only day off, I washed all the windows, twice, inside and out and all three parts of those lovely combination windows. Now if the sun would shine I could tell if I got all the streaks out. I also trimmed the rest of my bushes in front, planted three lilac trees and a few perennials - let's say I was productive, NOT CREATIVE CRAFTING- Oh, I also cleaned the inside of the house - all completed by 6 PM. I'm tired just reading this.




Photo of the finished pumpkin hat - too cute - which is the pumpkin hat? Pattern on "Crazy Aunt Purl's blog". I felted some of the littler pumpkins in the photo





I finally made it to Bungee knitting on Sat. for a very short time but I picked up the cutest hats Nancy is making out of sock yarn. Lucy Neatby pattern, which I am ordering, so if you want one email me.







Nancy also made this sweater and hat from Zimmerman's books, the heart hat and the sweater, I forgot the name of the sweater, it will come back to me. "Surprise Sweater". These were made from Sock yarn, washable and very wearable. I'm giving this to my friend's grand baby. She was born at 28 weeks and is now 2.5 lbs. and doing very well.


Work has been very slow - I've been moving plants around, reading, knitting, answering the phone and helping a very few customers. I fear the end is near! Today it rained all day and I left early.
I started reading "Pigs in Heaven" again, by Barbara Kindsolver. I couldn't get into a few years ago so now I'm able to sit and enjoy it. I think I was too busy last time I tried to read it for a bookclub I was in.

Guess who is back??? The japanese beetles covered my door when I reached home last evening. B and I vacuumed them and got them sort of under control but I can tell it's going to take some major chemicals to get rid of them. I refuse to let them take over like last year. This is war!!!


Well, off to knit and watch the debates (maybe)




























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home