Fiberit

Thursday, September 25, 2008

New projects-Fall 2008







Well, I'm making headway on the hoodie. I love it. This is a pattern from Chic Knits by Bonne Marie Burns. I bought the pattern and am using my favorite "Roma" yarn by Jaeger. I love this yarn company. I also bought "The Rogue Hooded Pullover" from http://www.girlfromauntie.com/. It is so lovely. It has a celtic cable around the hood, sleeves and side vents and a front kangaroo pocket. I'm not sure what I'll use yet for this - probably Karabella wool.





I also found a very cute pumpkin hat on "Crazy Aunt Purl" blog. It is easier than the hat I made before for Joshua. I'm making this one for logan. I making this out of Mission Falls wool (the original). It's a little simpler pumpkin pattern than the one I made for Josh and Ellie.







Look at the photo of these butterflies. They danced around out there just like they were performing for me.

Nicole came home from England last night. Almost didn't get on her flight cuz she was late, haven't heard that story yet. She brought me a tin of tea and chocolate. My two favorites.


We're looking at holloween costumes for the children for this year. Josh wants to be a skunk, so his mom ordered that costume. I told him we'd have to say, "Oh Pooh, you stink". I found a really cute Lamb on Martha Stewart that I think I'll work up cuz it would work for our Christmas pageant also for the little ones. Check out http://www.marthastewart.com/ for costumes under Holidays. She still continues to have great ideas.

Ellie wanted to be a pig but I think I changed her mind, hopefully. She has a fascination with pigs lately.

Keep knitting - I just get distracted by so many new patterns. Oh, I picked up a new magazine, I don't think I blogged about this yet, It's from Europe and called Verena, http://www.verenaknitting.com/. I found it at Barnes and Noble this summer. Cute sweaters.


I finished the Edgar Sawtelle, the novel, the first book for this author. He is an excellent story teller. It relates the story of a family who developed a lineage of dogs, called Sawtell dogs, that had very interesting attributes. The family develops a training program for these dogs that last one whole year before they are released to new owners. The story continues to reveal, death, murders, deceit, coming of age for a boy, adventure and destruction, not in that order. I sure hope he keeps writing. I'm a slow reader, I like to devour a story and if it's good, I hate to see it end. That is how this story was but it carries you along so fast that you find you want to see what happens at the end. The Author is David Wroblewski.
I sure wish these dogs were real, cuz I'd have to have one.




















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home