Fiberit

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September spectacular

I am so excited about "September Spectacular" in Carver and Chaska Sept. 19, 20, 21, and 22nd. I will be in the Carver Creek Dry Goods spot with Creative Fibers and there are 3 other shops in that building plus Linda's Antiques in Chaska and Carver Antiques and Flower shop and the Carver Outdoor Market. There will be food and music. This will be so much fun!



New projects: The Hoodie is coming right along - started at the top and working down is my favorite way to knit. It seems to go faster plus you can try it on and see if it fits.



I'm making a pair of mittens with roving in them for the grandchildren. I will also use this pattern to make up kits for the Sept. Spectacular. I'm using Mission Falls and a City Sheep pattern, which is an adult pattern but I will adapt it to a child's size.



Went to the Arboretum on Sunday for family photo session. Every year my daughter gets the children all dressed in color coordinated outfits (blue and White) and we head out to the Arboretum with our favorite photographer Cheri (who is moving to some other country in Jan.) and we troop around and get some great photos - 300 plus. This year we bought the disc and sent it to snapfish and now we can choose our own pics and choose whatever size we want. The problem is looking at a slide show of 300 plus photos of these adorable children, how do I pick?



The Arboretum is gorgeous. Everything is immaculate in their gardens and waterfalls, New things are some incredible sculptures, Leaf Chairs out of iron and fabric painted to look like leaves, bronze statues, silver globes planted in the ground, it is just lovely. It is so peaceful and serene, I'd like to sit and knit all day out there.



Working on some new felted jackets this week. I hope to get a couple done by the next weekend. I'm working every day this week, which is good, but slows me down on my hobbies.



Cally is in the dog house - she threw up on my very expensive fluffy white rug in the bedroom last night - as soon as I saw what was happening, I started yelling - No, don't you dare - but too late. This morning, B helped me haul it up on the clothes line so I could hose it off. He was thrilled but I was grateful for him and the clothes line. Hopefully, I can get it dried out with all this rain today.



Wish me luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home