Fiberit

Friday, September 05, 2008

Knitting a new Hoodie





Yes, I found a cute Hooded cardigan that I can use some of my stashed yarn for. I grabbed some Jaeger Roma when I closed the shop. I love this yarn. It's Viscose, Nylon and Angora. So soft! I bought the pattern on Chic Knits called Basic Chic Hoodie by Bonne Marie Burns. It had my name written all over it. You'll have to go to Chic Knits to find it.

Dan has a Wisdom Tooth day today so I will sit and work on this sweater. You start at the Hood on size 7 needles, worsted weight yarn. Roma is 22 sts/inch and the pattern is 19/sts/inch on size 7 so we'll see what I get for gauge. The are Sizes 36-54" Chest size, so it's very generous in sizing.

Dontcha just love Sunflowers. I planted these in July but look how spectacular they are.
Fall is in the air and I love it - it invigorates me, even though I have a cold from somewhere. I have lots to do this Fall around the yard and house so I hope it lasts a long time. I may get more hours at work, so that is good.




Finished Projects:
Logan's Blanket and pillow. I made Josh and Ellie one of these when they were babies so now Logan has his.
Finished the Library Bags. One princess and one fish. This should help keep those books separate.
Josh and Ellie start pre-school next week. Josh is ready and Ellie is a little less so. Have you seen the new "Knitter's" magazine. Well, I don't know where their colors are coming from but "Yuk". Some of the patterns are nice but the yarn or the color is way off. Just my opinion. I love to critique these magazine.
Find a new project and get knittin'. Did I mention I'm going to give Knitting lessons in Carver and New Prague. I hope they go. Bonny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home