Fiberit

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well, this is more like it....




Do I love this weather. Yea, my favorite temp - cool in the morning, dry and 75-80 degrees. Cool in the evening. I love it. When the humidity goes up I really melt. It has a physical affect on me, I feel sick, and I don't like it. I was so energized this morning that I picked a new boquet. I made bacon and eggs for breakfast and the house smells great. I made a carrot cake this week and I'm making everyone eat some or I'll finish it off myself.

Dan stayed over last night and we had Walleye, fresh corn on the cob, Colorado Peaches and some mediocre shrimp. Can't get much better than that. We watched the Olympics- diving was incredible and the relay races were tragic and great. What a bummer to drop the baton and trip Great Britain. Wow!

It's my first weekend at Carver Creek Dry goods and I guess I sold yarn, needles, patterns but no Sweet Pea Jackets. I even lowered the price but maybe they will sell in New Prague. New Prague and Carver have dual events coming up in September. I will post the dates on the website but I guess they all do really well for these events.
Today, Sat. the 23rd, the knit group is carpooling out here - I haven't seen them forever so it will be fun to re-connect and see what everyone is doing.

I got a Chico's catalog yesterday and there is a Vest sweater in there that I want to make. I hope Nancy has some ideas for me. It's a cotton/viscose blend in the catalog and looks rather bulky so I'll have to see what is in my stash. It's a long vest with fold over lapels out of Cream tweedy fabric. Very cute!



FINISHED PROJECT: Drum roll pleeeeeese! Top of dress has a picot edge. I made this out of Bamboo/Cotton by Valley Yarns, it is so soft and nice to handle. It holds it shape really well and is handwashable, Debbie Bliss Pattern in her book, "Special Knits".
She'll be able to wear it next year too. I made it big on purpose.


Take care and start knitting - it's cool outside




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home