Fiberit

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day






I went to the cabin on Thursday night with Nicole and Family. It was a last minute decision. I've been trying to get a weekend all summer and finally I didn't work thurs and I had Fri and Sat. off so, i went. It was lovely. The children we wonderful. We swam, took the pontoon out, ate, swam and ate. We had a great campfire in the evening when they all were in bed and there were no bugs and no noise. It was cool in the morning, 45 and warmed up to 75-80 in the afternoon.


Josh learned to swim without the life jacket on and jumped off the dock a million times. So did Spencer, the dog, he hasn't jumped off the dock since he was a pup, it must looked like too much fun so he had to try it again.


Spencer's main activity is to stand on the shore and watch the fish, occassionally ducking his head under water. He's a golden retriever and they had great hopes he would be a duck hunting dog but the first time out he fell out of the boat in the dark and Peter had to rescue him. I think he gave up hunting at that point, except, this weekend he thought it his duty to bring us dead baby squirrels. A cat had killed them and left them in our driveway. Dick had thrown them in the woods but spencer found them again. As I was taking the children for a walk he came trotting out with this dead animal hanging in his mouth. I said, "Spencer, drop it." and he did. I swished the children toward the cabin to find Peter and by the time I got there Spencer had picked it up again and brought it to the cabin to show his Master what a hunter he was, no doubt. That dog wouldn't retrieve anything until today, dontcha know!


Joshua as you all know by now is such a character. Well, he was supposed to take a nap and he decided to nap in the bunk house because it has bunk beds. His mom went with him, couldn't sleep so he decided to come in and sleep in my room with me. So I tickled his back and tried to relax him, but no go. So I left him on his own. Then spencer and the neighbor dog started barking and Josh had to get up to see what was going on. Barking is taboo during nap time so Nicole quickly cornered Spencer. Josh now decided he'd go to the bunk house again with me(I'm so easy) and try to nap out there. He crawled up on the top bunk and I layed on the double bed.
He kept talking and climbing down the ladder so I finally said, "Why don't you lay down with me and I'll tickle your back again?" So he did. It wasn't working cuz he kept turning around tickling my eyes.

I'm laying on my back looking up at the ceiling and he's on his back with his arms behind his head and his feet crossed, so relaxed, and he says, "Nanna, I'm so disapointed in you." I'm like, "What????"(I could hardly believe my ears) "I'm so disapointed in you, Nanna", he said. I said, "Why, because I didn't nap",? "Yes", he said.(Obviously someone has said this to him before so he thought he'd try it out on me.) I said, "well, that makes us even then. This was supposed to be quiet time and you were never quiet." Then we had a tickle fight and got up to take Logan for a walk.


The end of a lovely weekend.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home