Fiberit

Friday, August 01, 2008

Knit Shops

I just read that "KnitWhits" in Chanhassen is closing, I heard last week that "The Knit Cafe" closed also. When I closed my shop a year ago, I couldn't believe they were all still making it. It's a difficult business to be in and with this economy it's almost impossible. Knitting is not a necessity, it a pleasure and we are being forced to give up our pleasures in this Country to buy gas for our cars. Meanwhile the oil companies are showing billions of dollar profits. What is going on? Anyway, it does filter down to our specialty shops, and as much as we love them, it's not enough to keep the doors open.

With that being said, I am sorry they have closed. It's tough to give up something you love.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, there are very few jobs to be had. For every interview, 80 people apply, along with me. I cannot find an Adm. Asst. position. It has been a year and I never dreamt I'd be in this position. I've never had trouble finding a job.

Anybody need a great Adm. Asst. or Personal Assistant, give me a call, meanwhile, I'll keep knitting, sewing and felting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home