Fiberit

Thursday, February 07, 2008

My life as nanna

After work I went to see the babies. Picked up soup and sandwich at our favorite deli in Shakopee called (sorry I cannot remember). I arrived about 6:30. The children had already had dinner and were in their pajamas. I brought them each a piece of red licorice, which they devoured. As Nicole and I were eating out dinner, they were asking for more food. Joshua asking for more treats, Ellie wants yogurt and oh yes, a glass of water. Joshua is told "no more treats" so then he wants the grapefruit cup I brought. We opened it and he took one bite and did not like the sour taste. This was constant until I looked up at Nicole and said, "What time was bed?"



Logan was his smiley self but is teething so he didn't want to even have his bottle. Joshua had his store set up. He's always selling something these days. He had built little cages out of these magnetic clear blocks and put plastic bugs in them. It was a pet shop.

I was asked if I'd like to buy something? I said," sure, do you have any frogs?" No, no frogs but he had a great looking bug in this plastic container. I bought it. As I picked it up, the thing fell apart in my hands (it is only held together with magnets) I was so sorry, and Joshua replied, "that's okay Nanna, I can build it again, do you want to help?" Of course, Ellie, decided she wanted to work with these plastic pieces so she grabbed his cages and ran off.



Nicole has been gone about 15 minutes now! I put Logan to bed. The other two are scheming against me as I'm upstairs putting logan to sleep and they have decided they need blankets and nooks. It is now 7:00 pm so we turn on Caillou and cuddle up on the couch. This is good. Then we read about 40 books and troop upstairs. I'm thinking this is going really well. Got them both in bed, closed the doors and got downstairs.



Then, I hear, "Nanna? I need to go potty." They already had their evening diapers and pullups on so I didn't do that before putting them in their beds. So, Ellie goes on the big potty and Joshua on the small one facing each other. Ellie has brought this huge book to read.



It is now 8 PM so I figure I'll just let their mom handle this. I said, to them both, "you are going to get me in trouble - when your mom comes home she won't be happy with me." Joshua looks up at me, lifts his eyebrows and opens his eyes wide and slowly a little smile appears. He can hardly wait for me to get into trouble.



Nicole comes in and gets them all settled in and I gather my belongings and head home. I'm tired and go to bed at 10 PM. At 10:15 the phone rings and it is Nicole. She is whispering, she just heard the door open and shut downstairs. The dog lifted his head and laid back down. She is home alone with the 3 babies. I know how this feels, I've been in her place before. You hear a noise and your whole body tenses and then you try to decide if you really heard it or not and listen for another. It is terrifying! We agree she should call the neighbor across the street. Tom is sleeping so Michelle stays on the phone while Nicole walks through the house checking the doors. Everything is still locked up so she feels it's okay. I'm still worried. I was not very reassuring to her because I do worry about them when Peter is gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home