Fiberit

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Saturday was spectacular! We had Bungee at my house! Seven of us sat around and knit and ate goodies. We always have great discussions but Ann provided some great stories from her earlier years sparked by Noelle. They discovered they had something in common besides knitting. Noelle used to work at Creative Fibers and now lives out by me so she joined us.

I am working this week at a temp job which is keeping me motivated to get "things" done.

I'm not baking this year but the grandchildren were over on Sunday morning and wanted to make cookies. We made simple sugar cookies, rolled into balls, and baked. Then decorated with frosting and sprinkles. They lost interest after they at their first cookie. Oh, surprise.

They tired of the toys and books so I brought in a couple plastic containers of snow. We headed to the basement and they used spoons and bowls and muffin tins to fill and make cakes for a tea party. It was great fun and they were both soaked by the time they were done. Had to strip and throw the clothes in the dryer and they ran around in the basement (it's very warm down there) naked! They love to say "I'm a naked kid". I finally coralled them for lunch, which they never actually eat at my house, but I try anyway. I was exhausted after that so I went out to dinner with Dan and Jenna.

I just saw a couple nice links to some nice handdyed sock yarn. www.sunshineyarns, katycraftsblogspot.com and on ETSY www.hazelknits.com.

Because of the temp job I'm still working on Ellie's sweater but should finish this evening.

I'm reading "The View from Mount Joy" by Lorna Landvik. If you haven't read her books yet, please do. They are usually about Minneapolis or vincinity (she's a native) and they are very funny! "Patty Janes House of Curl" was her first.

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home