Fiberit

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Love those sunsets




I love when the sunsets in the evening! I have always loved this time of day. It just calms me down and in the winter it makes me want to cozy up and read a good book or watch an old movie with a glass of wine. In the spring, summer or fall, I only think of "Wine or Marguretta time.!" sitting on my front porch.
This was taken outside my back door a few days ago. Beautiful day and a lovely sunset to boot.


I have been busy. I finally finished this vest from Fleece Artist. I love their yarn. It is a wool/silk blend but the pattern is not quite what I had in mind. It looks great on her (in the photo)and on my friend Lora (who finished hers first) but it's not quite long enough for me. So I picked up stitches along the edge (because I had yarn left over) and I'm going to try to lengthen it by knitting around the bottom. If it works I'll get a photo up here.











Meanwhile I had find my swift and ballwinder to start another project with the new sock yarn I got last week. Some thoughtful person put this extra table next to my stove - It's a piece of counter that sets up with a piece of wood underneath the counter. It works perfect for my winding station. I started the socks but I don't think they will be a jacquard pattern so now the dilema is - what pattern should I put on the sock.? I've been looking through all my patterns and have not come up with the exact one yet. Will keep you posted.

I have had this awful cold crud for the last couple days. It is the worst I have had in a long time. Boy I hate having a cold. I stayed home all day saturday and read a book called "Innocent" by David Hosp. It was a thriller. I could sit as long as I could breathe and then I'd have to get up and get another lozenge. I cannot take any cold medicines, they make it worse.
Saturday, much better, but still running a fever so I cleaned the house, made a loaf of bread in the bread maker (anyone have any suggestions on how to get these loafs to be a little denser? They are so airy there is no taste to them or substance.) I also made cookies for Dan to take back to the dorm. He stopped in to get his new insurance card for his new Audi. What a lucky kid! So, I solicited his help to get salt for the water softener as it was almost out. Good for a couple months, I hope.


Then I made a favorite chicken dinner. It's a sweet/sour chicken using chicken breasts and adding a sauce made up of:
1 package of onion soup mix

1 bottle of russian salad dressing

1 small bottle of Orange marmalade

Pour this over the chicken and bake for an hour. Serve with rice and pineapple chunks. It's a great winter dinner.


Finished Jenna's scarf out of the Blue Sky Alpaca Bulky (white). I think she'll like it. Then I cast on the edge to the vest and finally fell asleep! Enjoy this warmth for a couple days.!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home