Fiberit

Thursday, January 31, 2008

#130 post



This is the 130th post since I began and the 31st of January. This must be good luck - I'll have to buy a lottery ticket.

I'm on the hunt for a cute valentine idea for Joshua. He wants to make valentines for everyone in his pre-school class. I want a heart punch or heart shaped paper that he can glue onto something. I have lots of heart stamps and ink so we'll be using that also. I'm on my way to Michaels and Archivers for ideas.

I'm back again. Found some cute stuff at Michael's. Picked up some foam heart shapes - different colors and sizes, some sparkle glue and paper.

The grandchildren were so excited. Josh loved the sparkle glue the best - they stamped and glued for a half hour - then he was done. Ellie woke up and was not quite into it but this morning they all woke up at 6:40 AM ready to make Valentines! There mother was so please. I'm sure in her wildest dreams as a young teen did she ever imagine being up at 6:40 AM making valentines. My how things change. Soooo good for a Mother's heart.

WIP
I finished the vest from Fleece artist and will get a photo up here as soon as I get home this evening. Well here it is. It was a little short so I added some length to the bottom with left over yarn. What do you think? I do think it is an improvement. I haven't blocked it yet.





I started the sock and found a great pattern from Moutain Colors called "Montana Wheat Socks". I think it will work with this yarn. Remember this yarn from "Yarn Ahoy" on Etsy? Well this is what it looks like knit up. I thought it might be a jacquard pattern but when it wasn't I thought it needed something so I'm knitting the Montana Wheat Sock pattern.











I also started the AFGHAN from Collinette that my sister gave me a couple years ago hoping I would knit it for her. It will be gorgeous and it's a fun knit. I believe the color is "MISTY MORNING". This is it laying on the carpet.




This is it on needles. This will be quite the project, I'm not sure I can take it along because you keep changing yarns and it might be difficult to carry along. May have to be the couch project.









Going to Bungee today. Excited to see everybody and see what they are working on. Happy knitting - it's snowing a little, excellent day to knit and have some hot cocoa at Betsys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home