Fiberit

Saturday, February 09, 2008

It's just around the corner, I'm told


Spring is just around the corner! Truly.




I have made some progress on Sandy's afghan. This is from Unique Kolours afghan kits. It will be beautiful.


Nancy and I made these last year. Marie Mayhew has a cute pattern for Easter Eggs - you knit them and then felt them. Nancy embroidered on them - she's a whiz at this. If you want to learn you have to come to the Bungee classes on Saturdays at Betsy's Back Porch, 54th and Nicollet. Check out the website for days and times. http://www.creativefibers.com/ for more information. I also hot water felted some eggs around a styrofoam shape and that worked really well. Happy Spring!!!! it's just around the corner, I'm told.

New Projects: These are two projects Nicole and I are working on. Hers is finished. The flower sweater. I bought the sweater and felted it in the washing machine and she embellished it with needle felting.
I also felted the other one that looks grey but it really is a grey green color. I embellished the bunnies and am still working on details. These are so fast and I think so adorable. Great for a spring project.








I have been so busy I haven't blogged in a while. I worked for a week at a very boring job and am still looking for an Office Manager or Adm. Asst. position. If anyone know of anything out there - please keep me in mind.

I have been helping Nicole with the children quite often and they are so much fun. Short story about Joshua. He was having a melt down in Target the other day (no nap day) and he hit his sister when he was acting out his frustration. Later, Ellie said, "I'm sorry Joshua" and he said, "You don't be sorry Ellie, I hit you."

I have also read a couple new books. "Growing and Inch" by an author I truly enjoy. Gordon West. He's from Minneapolis/St. Paul area. He includes a little history in his stories. They are really mysteries and he has great characters.
Of course, another Minnesota Author I love is Garrison Keillor. His story about the Pontoon is priceless. Laugh out loud, if you like small town stories. I first heard this story on his radio show several years ago and it was so funny - he's a great story teller.

I enjoy these two authors because they remind me of growing up in south Minneapolis. Life really was simpler then. We didn't have much fear back in that time. You felt safe in your neighborhood. You knew everybody and I can still drive back there and tell you who lived in what house. It was a charmed life.
Happy Knitting and reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home