Fiberit

Sunday, December 09, 2007

It's looking alot like Christmas....






Well, we have snow. It is so pretty and cold! My sister always comes for Christmas ever since the babies have been born and we never have had snow. This year we have snow and she's not coming. She is bummed to say the least. She's in Phoenix.


I have several books and patterns for sale since I closed the shop. If you are interested you can check out Craig's list under "For Sale" under Knitting and books. They are all half price. I also have some listed on my website under books. There are alot so I will keep adding to them as time allows. If you are looking for a particular book just give me a call or email me at Bonny@creativefibers.com


We had Bungee Group yesterday at Betsy's. Eight of us arrived and enjoyed coffee and fellowship. This is a great group of women. In fact, I enjoy them so much I invited them to my house on the 15th for a Bungee session. We are all working on different projects, knitting to needle felting. These are the women who gave me encouragement through the last year and some for many years. I am very grateful to them and enjoy their company. If you would like to join us on the 15th just email me and I'll tell you where they are carpooling from in Edina.


I took the new #312 highway yesterday into town. It only took me 25 minutes from start to finish. I catch it on #41 out of Chaska and it goes straight to the crosstown. It is so slick.



I babysat the grandchildren last night. All three, all by myself. They were angels. They knew I was all alone, so they were kind. They were all in bed by 7:30 and I never heard a peep. Incredible if I do say so myself. My daughter wants me every Sat. night. Don't think so!!!!


I am working on a project for a neighbor - yes!, I know- David is a restorer of older homes and he and his family live close by. Well, he knows I had the knit shop and when they were getting out their Christmas displays they found an unfinished Christmas stocking that his grandmother had started for his 4 year old son. She dyed before she finished the heel and toe so he called to ask if I could take a look at it and see if I could finish it?




Wellllll, how can you say no! Actually, I did say "NO, I'm too busy finishing my knitting right now! " but when he told me the story I couldn't refuse. David's really good at the guilt thing. After I heard the whole story I heard myself saying, "well, I can take a look at it for you."




So, I'm finishing the heel and toe. The pattern was all typed out and he had another one to leave with me so I could make sure they were the same. I'll get a photo on here before I finish but my camera batteries are dead right now. Everyone at Bungee thought it was so cute. She knit their name and the year they were born on them. They are red, green and white ACRYLIC! I do not like working with acrylic, I haven't used it since I was in Jr. High and it is awful to the touch, but washable.
This woman has made 70 plus stockings through the years. I hope she thinks I'm doing a good job.!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home