Fiberit

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Logan arrived

Logan arrived on July 30th, a Leo with a Full Moon at 7:21 PM. He was a little less than 7 lb.s, healthy bouncing baby. Joshua invited the family into the room, "would you like to come in and meet my new brother, Logan?". So grown up this 3 year old was. I wondered who he was?

Eight of us entered to room to take photos and hold the baby. It is such a huge occassion in this family. My sister, Dan and I went to pick up dinner at Chai Maitai in Uptown. They have the best Vietnamese food ever. Dropped it back at the hospital and got home about 10:30 PM. Ate our dinner and crashed. A long day for everyone!

Sandy was leaving on Tuesday so we went to see Josh and Ellie at noon and then went down to the hospital to see new baby again. Had lunch at this restaurant on 44th and Grand. It's Mediterranean and owned by the same people that own ElMeson on Lyndale but I cannot remember the name of this place right now. My sister said herChicken sandwich was the best she'd ever had and defititely wants to go back next time she's in town.

Dropped her at the airport at 5:00 Pm - was privileged to drive through rush hour - got home and collapsed. Did a little packing and went to bed. Woke up at 12:30 PM by a Pizza delivery guy with a pizza at the door. I was sure it was for the boys in my basement, so I got up called them to come get their pizza and fell back into bed.

Wednesday I worked in the morning and "C" came into relieve me at 1:00 PM. Stayed until 3:30 pm catching up on paperwork. Nicole, Peter and Logan went home in the morning so I was nominated to pick up groceries at Byerlys. (they had pre-ordered thinking they would go home in the afternoon but the hospital kicked them out early) Arrived in time for dinner and had lots of play and baby time.

SHOCKING NEWS came on the tv around 6:00 PM. Could not believe our eyes. The 35W bridge collasped. My daughter lives right there in an apartment so I tried to reach her and couldn't because cell phones were overloaded. I knew she wasn't working and had planned to study with someone during the day.

She finally called about 7:30 pm to let us know she was okay. Had gotten ready to go out and her friend called and told her to turn on the TV. She would have been on that bridge if she had left on time. Thank heaven she's always running late! The train that is crushed is right next to her apartment. Scarey! My heart goes out to all those people and their families. What a tragedy.

What a whirlwind of a weekend.! Such a happy occassion. Now back to packing.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Congrats and welcome to Logan.

Such a sad week, though. Wow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home