Fiberit

Friday, July 06, 2007

Fourth of July

It was great to have a day off. Cleaned the Garage, knit on my Mystery Stole #3, I keep missing a row. Keep ripping out. Now the new one is posted today and I haven't even got the first clue knit. The Yarn Harlot is knitting this for the first time too. I'm in good company. She now has over 5000 people knitting this stole!

Working on the new babies alpaca sweater- nearly done - just have the sleeves left and I'll post a photo. Finished Ellies stockings for her Birthday at the end of the month.

I Went to the kids house for a picnic on the 4th. Great fun - chicken kabobs, brats, cheesy potatoes, fruit bowl and cupcakes and cake. The children were wild!

Children are so in-tune. Jenna (second daughter) had said she couldn't make dinner because of previous plans, so we started without her. A few minutes into dinner, Joshua said, "Jenna's here". and I thought he was asking (?) if she was coming. I said, "No, honey she had plans with her friends." He looked at me and said, "Jenna's here". Just then I heard the front door handle turn. Nicole and I looked at each other with total confusion, amazement and fear! How could he have known? We asked him how he knew and he just said, "Jenna's here". Like we were crazy!

When Jenna arrives it gets pretty crazy. They love her phone that plays music - they dance and sing and have a great time.

I Went home when they went to bed. Had a lovely evening watching TV and knitting on my stole - watched the fireworks from my deck and listened to the neighbors renditionof fireworks until 10:15. Headed up to bed and about 10:45 when I heard and saw this flare in my front yard. Looked out to see my son's friend leaping over a burning fire cracker (large thing on the ground) thru on my robe and went running to door to say "Stop". "It's too late now, all the neighbors are in bed. AND I'm selling the house - I don't need any damage to repair!" Amazingly they did stop and come in to watch a movie. Scared me to death. 18 year olds have no brains (it's a proven fact).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home