Fiberit

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

EVENTFUL WEEK

This week is going to be very eventful. I should finalize plans on this house. I've had the inspections and now I know it's a great house for me. Moving the end of August. I'll try and get a photo of the house this week. My sister and I are going to see it on Sunday.

My third grandchild will be born next week (we already know it will be Monday, July 31st) and it's a boy. My sister is in town this week for Ellie's 2nd Birthday and the new baby. I'm busy cleaning and packing when I'm not at the shop. I finished his Alpaca sweater - now for the socks and hat.


Took the car in this morning for a recall and mileage check. Had breakfast at Michael's with a friend. I love their quiche and coffee. (66th and York).



Feldman Imports service picked me up after work. The driver and I grew up in the same south Minneapolis neighborhood. We were talking about how bad the traffic is during rush hour. He said, "yea, I grew up with the streetcars and then they went to buses and now were back to a train." I said, "I had a streetcar lane at the end of my block on 56th & Bryant when I was growing up." Then we talked about the perfectly good "Outdoor Stadium" we had in Bloomington and how they had to tear it down and build an enclosed stadium with a roof when they could have added a roof to the Bloomington one and now they want an open air stadium AGAIN!. They could have left the old one where it was and it would now be next to the Mega Mall. Great location.



I think I'm getting old when I don't like all these changes - tearing down perfectly good structures to build new. Such a waste. Why don't the ball players build their own stadiums with all the money they make. What do they do with all that money? We decided it was out of our hands.


I'm dyeing up more fiber and have ordered more as the sale nearly cleaned me out. A woman came in yesterday and bought alot of fiber. She's down from Duluth and having a great time.

Lorraine came in for a visit also this week. Her Blog is "Of Faith and Fiber" at blogspot. com. She's been reading and commenting on my blog for awhile so it was great to meet her. She lives in Chaska so we're hoping for a Knit/Spin In at the Dunn Bros. in downtown Chaska.

She brought the "gnome "with her. He is adorable and I want to make some. The pattern is from England and I'm trying to track it down. It was designed by Alan Dart and published in "Simply Knitting" magazine. I contacted the publisher to see if I could carry this magazine. He's had a pattern in each issue of some kind of animal or doll. Trust me you will want this gnome.

Today the "Two Old Bags" gals were in and guess what, they're making the gnome for their grandchildren this year too! She had alot of his patterns that she has been saving. Hopefully, they'll come in soon

Wait till you see what this is for:


1 Comments:

At 6:17 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I'm so glad you contacted them. I'd buy the magazine just for Alan's toy patterns.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home