Fiberit

Sunday, July 22, 2007

I GOT THE HOUSE

Yea, I bought this very cute Tudor house in Carver, MN. It is just perfect for me and Daniel when he's home. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, back room which I may use as an office/craft room. Good storage. It was built in 1928 but moved due to flooding in 1965. There is a new basement that is just a basement. It has an adorable fireplace, lots of windows, coved ceilings. All new paint and wood floors. It is move in ready. Oh, and a great yard. I'll have to get a riding lawn mower but I love the yard and perennial gardens. A two car garage that has seen better days but functional.



Joshua thinks it's a great house and told me last night that he wanted to have a party and a fire in the firepit when I move in. I babysat last night while the parents went to a wedding. I wanted to go over to my house to let the dogs out for awhile but he only wanted to go to the new house, not the old house.


Josh had gone fishing in their pond during the day and had some wax worms left over in a little pastic covered dish. He was totally intrigued with these worms "wormy" as he calls them. He would take them out and carry them around in his hand and kept asking, "do you want to hold one Nanna? " I said, "No, I don't really like worms." "Why, Nanna, they're fun." "No, I don't like worms." This conversation went on most of the evening. We went to the Dairy Queen and had to bring them in the car. Not into the Dairy Queen. As I'm driving, I can hear him say, "look Nanna, wormy is standing up." Then he would shake the container until I'm sure the little wormies were half dead. It was an experience.



The parents came home around midnight. Somehow during the course of the evening I lost tract of the "Wormies". I remembered Josh bringing them upstairs to the parents room to watch a movie before bed but I don't remember where they ended up. So, when the parents came home I told them, "you better check your bed before you go to sleep because I sort of lost track of the wormies". She said, "Your kidding." Peter went up to check out the bedding and could not find them. Then he checked the garage and car and could not find them. She went up to bed and they were in the middle of the bed! Good thing I warned them!



I finished the socks for the Alpaca Baby sweater and now to make a Helmet hat and I'm done for that baby.





We had a great sale at the shop on Saturday. Sold a loom and lots of yarn! Saw lots of my great customers and new ones too. Had the bungee class in the back and everyone was working very diligently on their projects, so it was pretty quiet back there for 8 women! A Big Thank you to my customers!

1 Comments:

At 4:32 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

LOL! Great worm story. Hey, you're moving to my neck of the woods (I'm in Chaska). Carver has a lot of charm. DD#1's Best Friend lives in Carver, so I'm over there often.

I'm driving over for my first visit to your shop today. Watch out for a lady with a knitted gnome named Gnorm.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home