Fiberit

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Repaired the Baby Blanket

A while back I repaired a baby blanket for a family. It was quite tattered due to loving use. I said, "We could try so it won't unravel anymore but it won't look like new". The Dad brought it in and he said, "That's okay, we just need it back without holes". So we repaired the blanket. He had seen our article in the newspaper a few months back noting we did repairs on knitted garments.

Well, (it is such a small world) I went to Georgia my 4th (by proxy) grandchild's 1st birthday party yesterday. We were having sloppy joes and salad outside at the table and this family was sitting with me and Womp (the dad) and Kari Lynn (the mom) and I was watching these two little blonde boys being coaxed to eat their supper by their parents and marveling at how cute these two were. Very charming.

Someone asked what I did and I told them I owned Creative Fibers in Minneapolis and the Dad's face lit up and he said, "you were in the paper a few months back regarding repairs on knit items?" I said, "yes". and he said, "I was the one that brought in the baby blanket and it was for my almost 3 year old son." Oh, yes I remembered. He said, "we call you the BLANKET DOCTOR at our house. You are very loved. I was astonished.

They called to their son who was on the deck and said the Blanket Doctor is here, it is this lady. He looked over at me with this incredible astonished face (this child is very animated)"the blanket doctor is here?", he said and came running down the stairs towards me and gave me a big hug. It was precious! I felt so honored for doing something so simple. You never know if you make or break someone's day.

Georgia is a beautiful little girl, very much like her mom, where Lucy, the 5 year old resembles more her dad. I had not seen Georgia or Lucy since last Christmas so it was a great time to spend with this loving family. They call Georgia "sparkle" . Her Grandma made her an adorable pink dress with sequins along the bottom and a hat to match. She has white blonde hair and blue eyes and looks very scandinavian. Lucy has dark red hair and blue eyes. So much fun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home