Fiberit

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Dyeing



















I've been doing some more dye work. It is so much fun. A woman from Arkansa came in this week and she was doing a Felting workshop at Concordia this week. She loved my dyed fleeces. Said she had not seen anything this good except in England. I was so pleased. What a nice compliment.

Denise brought in a pattern from Indygo Junction. It's a pattern to make a messenger bag out of a felted sweater. I went to their website and found some great stuff. I'll see if they wholesale and then I can order some of their patterns. Very cute stuff.

Hot day but I got some weeding done in the garden, needed it badly. I resorted to a round up spray for some of it. Somehow I got some great Thistles in my flower garden. I took them out and just left a few. I think you can dye with these. Have to check my books.


Most of my garden looks green right now. I didn't add annuals this year because I was moving. Spring it looked great. The Hydrangea's are doing really well, I'll dry some of those to put in the new house and I need to remember to take my peonies to the new house (grandma would be so happy). This house reminds me of hers a little. The upstairs ceilings slant and the stairwell is steep. We used play on her stairway all the time.

I measured all the furniture today to see what will fit where when I go over tomorrow for the inspection. Hope all goes well. I wonder what a new garage would cost?
I need to make another baby sock tonight. The first one and the second one do not look alike. Not sure what happened but I will re-knit tonight.
Nancy is knitting a very cute shrug type sweater "for me". We'll use it in the shop for awhile but I can wear it. It's out of the Louet Linen. So cute and it fits perfectly. She is such a seamstress.
Speaking of sewing, I brought home the baby blanket and I'm going to sew it together beside crocheting it together. Peter just finds a string an unravels so hopefully this will stay together a little longer.












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home