Fiberit

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Another Friday the 13th

Tomorrow will be clue #3 of the Mystery Stole #3 on Friday the 13th. Maybe I can start my stole again and have good luck on Friday the 13th.

I am teaching a felting class this weekend. Hot water and needle felting. I decided to make everyone a ball which will represent a scoop of ice cream and then they will needle felt it to embellish it for a pin cushion. I felted several balls so they would be dry by Saturday. The wet felting will be a flat piece. If we have time we will needle felt a little elf.

Christine stopped by to knit, Julie stopped by after her interview and scoped out yarn for her next projects. Another customer came by with her felted purse. It is so cute - looks like a flower vase, pattern from "Black Sheep Bags". I had not seen it done yet and it turned out so cute.

Jenna stopped in on the way to get her pedicure at Cindys before work at Cafe Maude. So I decided to get a pedicure also. Dan met me for dinner at Cafe Maude. we visited with Jenna who is tending bar there a couple nights a week. Their Dad also stopped in for dinner. He picked up the Tab! Yea! That was even better and the food was delicious. Dan had the steak and I had the Crab Cakes.

Sonja had her sock class tonight so I went back to the shop and made sure everybody was okay and then I went down the block for my pedicure. It is so nice to have everything available within walking distance. Makes me want to look for a house over here.

While I was getting my pedicure I cast on for a baby blanket for the new baby. Using Karabellas Lacy Baby blanket pattern and a lovely blue yarn, I got three rows started.

Sock of the Month club went well last night. We had a great time and got our spa socks going. Next month is a great new pattern from Fibertrends. I'll announce it soon. I cannot believe we are up to August already!

I'm working up a color combination for Christmas sweaters for all three of Nicole's babies. I hope she likes it. I'll show you later when I get the swatch started and after I finish the babies alpaca sweater, hat and socks.

I found about 6 houses to look at this weekend and I will start packing seriously tomorrow.

Sunday is our Sit and Spin/Knit - I can hardly wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home