Fiberit

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Return from Shepherd's Harvest

I am so glad everyone left some fiber for me. My friend and I had a great time. She had never been before and is a new spinner so we looked at everything. Saw lots of customers and talked to lots of vendors. Didn't get any photos, I was too busy. Lots of new felters this year and more baskets than I remembered.

Michelle is interested in buying some sheep so we spent some time in the animal barns getting lots of information. Lots of lambs for sale.

The Alpacas were sporting their Poodle Cuts. I just don't like the looks of a lama with shaved bodies. They must be embarassed. poor things.

I bought some beautiful 100% Lamb's wool 2 ply (sport wt) from Riverwinds Farm and a bag of Cormo fleece. I really like this Farm and their products. Every year I go back for more. They are at www.riverwindsfarm.com.from There were a couple Alpaca/Lama fiber people that had excellent products. Michelle bought some yarn from them.
I managed to make quite a dent in the pocket book.








Iwashed up the Cormo fleece today. Here it is in the pre-soak. I put in detergent and let it sit for a couple hours, drain it, refill with soap and water.
Then I cook it for about 1/2 hour.










I drain it in the sink and rinse out the soap





Here it is washed and rinsed - drying








Dried and fluffy-ready to spin



I bought some 10/2 natural dyed cotton from the Chamomile Connection, Organic colorgrown cotton. I believe they originated in Indiana. I got four cones - if anyone is interested they will be at the shop - I also bought four cones of natural colored cotton chenille. I don't have a photo yet. Will get more info later for you.

We had a gyros lamb sandwich for lunch and bought a bag of kettlecorn for the ride home. It was very cool all morning, I had to wear a polar fleece jacket and by afternoon it was 80 degrees.

Jenna and Dan took me out to dinner that evening at "Jimmys". Cute restaurant in Eden Prairie off Shady Oak Road. Great food and service. Mother's Day meals were 1/2 price and we got desert free because they were out of cheesecake and we had to order the chocolate cake instead. Aw Darn!
Cannot get much better than that!

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Sounds like a fabulous Mother's Day! I drooled over the natural cottons but resisted the temptation to buy - for now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home