Fiberit

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Easter Eggs






Embroidered Eggs for Easter!










Nancy & I have been working up this cute Easter Basket and eggs. The eggs were knit and then Felted using Marie Mayhew's pattern and then Nancy embellished them with embroidery. (Embroidery will be hot this year).




The carrots were made by rolling orange roving in hot soapy water until felted. I had died some mohair curly locks and thought they would look perfect for carrot greens. I sewed them all together and will attach them to the easter basket (purse) Nancy made while on vacation.







Nancy embellished the eggs with embroidery techniques. They are so cute. she also made a purse with embroidered flowers. Photo yet to come. We are having such a good time with embroidery!




Her newest embroidery is a small purse. She knit it with domy Heather yarn and then felted it. She stuffed the purse with plastic bags and basted the top shut and fleted it in the washer, using hot soapy water.
I also put my felted objects in a mesh bag. I let them go through the agitation cycle once, shut it off - check the piece I'm felting - if not felted enough I run the agitation cycle again and then drain the washer as normal. Pull it out dry and take out the basting. Then Nancy embroidered her flowers on the front and I made a twisted cord for the handle. Directions and pattern for purse will be free on our website. www.creativefibers.com



Remember my felted sweater that I made into a child's jacket:


Well, I was not fond of this design, so Nancy took off the ribbon and blanket stitched a hem around it and embellished it with the "Fishing Frog" from her A-Z Boullion Knot book. Which we hope to have in stock soon. I do have a few other A-Z embroidery books in right now for using on the eggs.












I love this technique and it is so easy to embroider on these felted items. We have the 3/2, 5/2 , 8/2 and 10/2 cotton in stock to wind off whatever is needed for a project. If you are interested in learning this embroidery technique just come on in for Nancy's Bungee Knitting Class. By the way, this sweater sold the first day on display.

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Very charming designs! I like embroidery on felted wool but haven't done it for awhile. You've inspired me.

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Susan Fetterer said...

Hello! I am the lucky soul who purchased the striped wool coat embroidered with the fishing frog! Adorable. I bought a skein of orangey-golden Karabella to make a little hat, which I have not yet started. I loved my first visit to your shop---you were so welcoming and inviting--- made our time with you most pleasurable. We'll be back soon! Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home