Fiberit

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Cafe Maude



















A temporary sign is up for Cafe Maude-this will be a mediterranean Bistro serving Dunn Bros. coffee, Wine & Entertainment in the evening on the weekend. I think this will be great. I can take special orders of coffee for my customers and just run across the street. Knitters and coffee (that's a no brainer).


Actually the old Connors sign is gone now, too, revealing a lovely brick front. There will be a new face on Cafe Maude soon. Where the yellow dumpster sits there are now two new windows and a door. There will be an outside cafe in the front. It should open in May.

All the old brown awning is gone leaving this beautiful brick.





There was a meeting last week regarding the liquor license and some neighbors were concerned that there would be drunks wondering the neighborhood at night after the "bar" closed. The owners were there and assured everyone that this would not be a "Belly up the Bar" place but an upscale restaurant, similar to the one on Xerxes, which I cannot pronounce or spell the name of right now. They will be responsible neighbors.



I think this will be great - the space has been empty too long.



A Finished Project :


Happy Easter everyone - this is definitely still knitting weather. I finished Ellie's Easter sweater this week. I used a Debbie Bliss pattern, added a picot collar, used Roma from Jaeger. It is so lovely to work with.









My next project is--a sweater for Josh, using Carol Anderson's "Wallaby" pattern. I'm using Karabella yarn in navy blue and creame.



I'm using a stripe pattern which his mother picked out. I'll get a photo up as soon as I get some striping done. I think it will be so cute.
I started with the size 4 but when he was over to die easter eggs yesterday I thought I better go to a Size 6.



Easter Egg dyeing was a hit - such concentration!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home