Fiberit

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

New Projects started










I have started a few projects for the shop - one of which is this cute vest using Plymouth cotton and their vest pattern. I'm knitting in the round and today I got up to the armholes. It should make a very cute summer vest.


I'm finishing up Ellie's socks, remember I made Josh socks awhile back and Ellie a sweater, now I'm making Josh a sweater for his Birthday and Ellie a pair of pink socks. Don't know where the photo went for the pink socks -













I'm working on a felted purse at the shop using Classic Elite's wool/bamboo. It's just knitted in the round for 16" but makes a cute shape when felted. These are the colors I have in stock.
This yarn felts beautifully.






Felted bag - I only knit 8.5 inches - I was too anxious to see how it would felt. It is lovely - feels soft but solid - will make a great purse.

I also started the vest from "Fleece Artist". Their patterns are not for beginners, they don't give alot of detail. I love their yarns, the colors are incredible. I'm working on the colorway on the lower right.
Started this but had to rip it out - will try again.










I'm also working on a lace pattern from Vogue. It's a shawl and I'm using Classic Elite's new Wool/silk. One of my customers started it and said it was easy so I'm up for the challenge.










Today I did some spinning. I dyed up some Corriedale last week and couldn't resist spinning it today. I'm working on the turquoise. I first spun some without carding and then decided to card it and then spin it. It worked well without carding but I just want to see what the difference is going to look like. I blended all these colors, plied them and I'll show you the result. Pretty funky!









Well, this is colorful!


I have project that I need to start next before my Sister starts harrassing me. It's an afghan she bought last year and wants me to knit for her. It's sitting in the bag in my bedroom and it keeps nagging me. She wrote on the bag "Knit me". real cute!

Remember those cute pumpkin hats I knit last fall for the Grandchildren. Well, my daughter and children were at target and their car is full of stuff and she must have knocked one of the hats out of the back of the van because her neighbor was at Target later and found it on the ground. Luckily, she knew who it belonged to and brought it home for her.




It pays to advertise your knitting project.


















1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Can't wait to see the results of your spinning. The colors are so exciting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home