Fiberit

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

May 1


May 1st was Josh's 3rd birthday - I knit him a cupcake! This is out of the "One Skein" book - very easy and uses up your left over yarn quickly. I found putting cardboard in the bottom or weighting it down helps keep the shape. I think it would be cute for a tea party too!

This Month is going to be triple tasking. My sister arrives Friday from Arizona for Josh's bithday party on Sunday. Meanwhile I'm packing up my house to get ready to put it on the market. This is such a pain in the.....! This new idea of staging a house is really bugging me. I have sold probably 15 houses over my lifetime so far and I have never worried about staging just declutter and clean. Now, you have to set your house up like a model so people will be interested and think it is bigger than it is. *+@!

Whenever I look at a house to buy I always envision what I would do with it, not what is already in it. How insulting to think that a person cannot do this. This is a whole new generation of realtors and I'm not liking it. They say if you stage a house you will get 33% more money than if you don't. Don't believe that. I think somebody is making money off this but it's not me.

As you can probably tell I'm not looking forward to this process. It won't be ready for a few more weeks but the guy that came over to stage it today just gave me a few simple tips so I felt a little better about it. This is also a new career path - "Staging Houses." I think I'll apply!
Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home