Fiberit

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Birthdays again




My grandson will be 3 on May 1st. It seems impossible how fast time flies. My son is graduating in June and going to St. Thomas. My friends remind me how shocked they were when I told them I was pregnant at 42 years old (14 years since my last pregancy). They thought I was crazy cuz I was so excited about it. Well, it was great! He's a great kid.



And now I have Joshua who is a typical 3 year old and Ellie who is going to be two and a third on the way. I share stories about them all the time and last week Joshua pulled another little trick on his Mom (payback is really great). He had not been napping and she was very frustrated with him. (she's pg again and needed the rest).

He, of course, knew she wanted him to take this nap more than anything. So, of course, they struggled for a week with this no nap business. Finally, on Easter, I said, "Why don't you just say," Josh you have to have a quiet time in your room for such and such time.?" "You can read and play quietly and when that's over you can come out". So the next Monday, she did just that. She put on music and said when this is over you can come out. Well, he fell asleep in the rocking chair. Precious little boy.


They are also trying to move him into a twin bed, so they now have a mattress on the floor and have moved his crib toward the window.

So, on Wednesday, his mother heard him yelling, "It's getting Cold in here, it's getting cold in here...." "I'm getting wet"! She thought, can I be hearing him right? - she ran outside to check his window and sure enough it was open (with the screen on , thank heaven). She ran upstairs and I guess was quite upset cuz he told me, "I opened the window and Mommy got mad".



A few days later she walked into his room to get him after nap and he had talcum powder on the carpet and he explained he was making "sand castles". Creative, just like his Nanna! He has also figured out how to turn the music off early.

Thank heaven we have nice weather and they can be outside. She now hits every park in a 5 mile radius just to wear them out in the morning and they both are taking 3 hour naps. Hint: if you leave a child in his room for a rest, be sure to child proof it first.

Words of wisdom from someone older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home