Fiberit

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Shepherd's Harvest

I am so excited for this weekend. Besides Mother's Day, all of us Fiber people love to go to Shepherd's Harvest. There is something for everyone. It's kid friendly, so bring the family.

I'm going with a friend and spending most of the day. The children and I will get together later in the evening. I recommned bringing lots of money and plan on making several trips to the car with fiber. There is everything from handspun yarn, to handdyed rovings, batts, clouds and all kinds of fiber. Unfortunately, I cannot make it out there until Sunday but I'm sure there will be something left for me.

I had such a triple tasking week last week that I ended up being ill Saturday night. My sister arrived Friday and we ran to see the babies, came home and made birthday cards for Josh and crashed.

Sat. morning I got up early went to pick up the babies and took them to" paint a plate" place on 50th to make a mother's day gift. Brought them home, had a little lunch and then Sandy and I headed out to look at a property in Victoria. It was a cute little cottage on Lake Bavaria but it was too little for year around. Would be great for a summer retreat.

Dropped Sister off for a rest and headed over to the shop around 4:30 pm. On the way I to the shop I suddenly didn't feel well. Finished at the shop and headed home to call the doc. ; Found an Urgent Care by me and went immediately. I was having symptoms of a Urinary Tract infection. As anyone who has ever had this before knows, the minute you feel it coming on you better get to the Doctor immediately. Within an hour I was very uncomfortable. Got drugs and headed home to rest for the evening. We watched movies and knit and ate cake and gave myself a manicure.

Sunday was the party. Made a pasta salad, wrapped presents, picked up sandwiches and headed for the party. Josh was very good all day. He's got this birthday thing down. I got him a big wheel, Grandma/Gramps got him a sandbox and Papa got him Playmobile trucks, Uncle Dan got him a rug at Ikea that has roads on it for his little cars. That was his favorite! Jenna got him playmobile sets and Aunty Tia got him a water ball for outside. I'd say it was pretty darn good!

It was windy and a little chilly that day but in the afternoon we were able to get outside and let them run around. Ellie loved standing on the hill with her arms spread out and letting the wind blow her backwards. They wore me out and themselves too.

So, my advice, be careful when triple tasking, it's get ya!

1 Comments:

At 5:41 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Well, I'll TRY to leave you something. Woohoo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home