Fiberit

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Rip out and knit again

Welllllll, I finally ripped out Dan's sweater. I know I just finished it but there were some flaws, which I mentioned, and I couldn't live with it. He was okay with it. We're going to redesign a new sweater in a different color and I'll make it bigger because he is bound to grow again. The last one just fit him. I hated to do it but I kept looking at that mistake on the front and it would have bugged me all the time. The back and sleeves were perfect but of course the stitch I goofed on was in the front.

I first must finish Ellies sweater for Easter. I did finish Josh's socks and they are so cute.

I've been working on easter eggs and chicks this weekend. Nancy and I have a surprise in store for you all. Next week.

I also worked on some felting - tried to make a bowl but it didn't hold together so I'll try again. I tried felting over a piece of a felted sweater and I didn't close the ends up very well, so it came apart. It was my first attempt so I'll try again. I did some handspun yarn to work into the bowl and that looks great but not the bowl. Back to the drawing table.

I went antiquing today. Trying to find some hand held mirrors with wood frames. I'm also looking for some antique perfume bottles (cheap) to put in the bathroom. I didn't find much. I went down on Hennepin and Lake - they have a couple great places to shop down there but I came up empty handed today. It was a long shopping day so I picked up dinner and headed home.

Desperate housewives is on tonight as well as Brother's and Sisters. I hope they are not re-runs I was planning on getting some knitting done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home