Fiberit

Saturday, February 24, 2007

KNITTING PROJECTS


YES, I FINISHED DAN'S SWEATER. There are a few little mistakes from knitting in the movie theater but I don't think they will show much once it is blocked. The Aurora 8 yarn is so lovely to wear that I think Dan will not notice either.


I started a new sweater for Ellie to go with her Easter dress. I'm using Roma from Jaeger, 63% viscose, 22% nylon and 15% Angora - it knits 22 sts on a Size 6. Well, I was so anxious to get this going I knit the wrong size. I won't even tell you what I did it was so stupid. I got the back done last night and looked at and decided it would be for the new baby (August) or Georgia (she's 6 mos).
I'm using the pattern from "Special Knits" by Debbie Bliss, "The Ribbon Edged cardigan". Today I am starting over with the correct size. The pattern calls for 25 sts on a size 3 and I'm using a Size 5/6 on 22 sts which should make it a little larger. It's a size 24 months and she will be 2 in August. Cross my fingers.

Went to dinner with the grandchildren last night at "Big Bowl" where my second daughter, Jenna, works. Nicole, Peter, Ellie and Josh were all there. Ellie loves pot stickers, she had at least 3. Josh was too busy watching everyone, especially his aunt Jenna, to eat much of anything. I took the two of them down to "Creative Kids Stuff" and played with all the toys. The staff were blowing up long skinny balloons and letting them shoot all over the store. Of course, the children thought this was great! I bought them each a whistle thing! We found out it echos in the hallways of the Galleria! YEA NANNA!

As we were leaving a little blonde girl ran up to Josh and caressed him on the cheek and ran back to her mom. I turned around and there was Christine and Sara and Dad. What a surprise. Sara was one of our first models in the store. Her mom had knit her this sweater out of the yarn called "Blossom" which was very popular 2 years ago. Sara wasn't even one yet! Christine knits lovely sweaters out of "Cotton Fleece" and S.R. Kertzer, Butterly 10. Each one is cuter than the last.

No scary storm last night and I had a great Salmon dinner at Big Bowl with my family except for Dan (had to bring him take out).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home