Fiberit

Monday, February 05, 2007

A new Pattern

40 Below in Embarras, MN. Minneapolis was only 11 or 12 below. 40 Below actual, not windchill. International Falls was like 38 degrees below. Boy, we know how to do winter up here! Yea!!



I was given a new pattern this week by a customer who made this scarf. Coincidentally, another customer came in last week with the same scarf she had knit out her handspun. I'm planning on making mine out of some handdyed I have from last summer.

It's called "My So Called Scarf" by Sheep In the City blog. Very simple pattern but looks woven. The original was made out of Manos Del Uruguay in Color 113 but I have seen it knit in a couple other yarns and it works really well. It's difficult to see from this picture what the stitch pattern is but it's very cool.





I'll get a photo up when I get it going. I'm going to volunteer to teach knitting at the "Knit Out" at the Mall of America on Sunday 12-3 PM. It should be great fun! Hopefully lots of people.
I'm pretty sure Annie Modesitt will be there. She's moving to town, you know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home