Fiberit

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Book Review/swedish museum

I just received a copy of "Men Who Knit and the dogs Who Love Them" authored by our very own (now she lives in St. Paul) Annie Modesitt and a non Minnesota Native, Drew Emborsky.
I loved this book. I love the cover photo. Great patterns for men and their little companions. There are so few patterns out there for men that I'm thrilled to have this new book. It is written so well, good information about the patterns and yarns used, excellent detail. I hope she'll do a book signing soon. I know she will be at Yarn Over.

I also finished reading "Knitting under the Influence". It has turned out to be a love story. Enjoyable reading.

Well, I must apologize a little, because we did get dumped on last week. Oh, well. It wasn't too bad and it kept me in the house all day Sunday finishing up projects that needed to get done. I love having a whole sunday to organize myself.

I'm late posting this so it is now March 1 and MARCH has roared in , so maybe it will leave like a lamb?
I closed the shop at noon today and came home to catch up on some work here. The driving is so awful!

I finally got to the American Swedish Museum with friend Jeanne last night. This is the best kept secret in town. I told Jeanne last evening that I feel I must have lived in this house before (in another life time). It is so beautiful with all the wood and porcelain fireplaces.

Wednesday nights they serve a lovely homemade soup and open faced sandwhich and dessert is vanilla ice cream with lingonberries. Who Knew??? They have acute little cafe in the lower level. The Smorgaasboard is the best - it is served on one sunday each month, I believe.

We saw Yvonne's felting exhibit which was quite something unbelievable. They also had a Greta Garbo exhibit which will stay through March. It is beautiful and very interesting. They are also showing a couple of her films this month. I hope to get back to see them.

There is an exquisite glass blowing exhibit also. I have never seen anything like these vases. The website is: www.blum-olson.com

To top this all off there is a miniature doll house exhibit up stairs, taking up about three rooms. We stayed long enough to listen to a Professor from the U of M speak about Garbo's career. When she died she had accumulated quite a significant amount of wealth and had never married or had children. She quite acting at 36 years old and lived in a New York apt. as a recluse for her entire life. I think she died in her 80's.

Then, we went out to the wintery weather and it was icy and slippery but I managed to deliver Jeanne to her door and then crawled home on Hwy. 100 and #62 - what a mess.

Glad to be home - had a wine and knit to relax before bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home