Fiberit

Monday, February 05, 2007

Stash

Lately I've heard this word alot. 'STASH". As in, "I'm going through my stash of yarn today" , "I really don't need any more yarn, I have a stash at home". "I don't know what to do with my "stash", etc. You get the picture.

Lucky for me I own the yarn shop so I don't have much of a stash at home. I do clean it out and rethink my projects every few months but mostly I just try to use what is currently in the shop for shop samples.

I have several projects that are in progress and a few yet to start if that counts.
Josh's one sock completed. Just starting the second. I also have two pairs of socks at the shop that I'm working on.








Dan's sweater - working on the sleeve - it is not blocked yet. He tried it on the other night and said it's a little tight. I said, well I will block it so it will fit. You are wearing this sweater 24/7 no matter how it fits!!!! He's been lifting weights and working out so he thinks he's bigger. We'll see.








I think we all need to have a stash of something. It's healthy. When I'm at home for a day and can just create it's nice to have a stash of yarn, fabric, beads, fleece, etc. to grab from and not have to run out to get what I need. That's what a stash is for. It makes me more creative if I have to use what is in the house. I have to figure out how to use something in a different way.







These two purses were from wool sweaters. I felted them, cut them, sewed them and embellished them. I will put some buttons and a cute handle on the pear purse. I needle felted the pears. This was fun!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home