Fiberit

Thursday, February 15, 2007

I have had a busy week. My daughter, Jenna, had her 25th birthday on Sat. but had her dinner on sunday night. Her dad was stuck in Florida due to weather so we went on without him. The grandchildren were very excited and we had a great dinner. Beef Roast, Cheesy potatoes, Crescent rolls, green beans and asparagus with garlic stir fry. For Cake, we had Dairy Queen. Josh and Elllie were so excited. (Everything is a celebration when you are 1 and 2. ). Boy, if we could just hold onto that. Huh?

Joshua stayed overnight with me. About 7 pm we went to get his Pj's on and they were not in his bag. Oh, Mom forgot them. Dad was off to target to buy a new pair. Got new Pj's on and we were reading stories and Josh thought he would go get his pacifier (for bed only). Nanna! there is no nuk! PANIC! Dan, can you go to Walgreens and get a new nuk? (he had already been to the store for me once that evening) No, I'll stay with Josh, you go. It's cold and dark and almost bedtime. I drive up to Walgreens, grab new nuks, drive home, wash them off, insert in mouth and head upstairs with a happy baby. He goes to sleep immediately. I guess the stress wore him out!

I promised Josh pancakes in the morning. I made them and then discovered I was out of syrup. Luckily, he likes to dip them in yogurt. Well, the first batch he was too busy to eat so they got cold. Second batch we added raisins and he ate those. 9 am, (only) mom picks him up to go to the Mega Mall with Gradma. I'm off to the shower and work. I'm exhausted by 3 PM. Time to open the shop for the Sale!

Monday started "the sale week" at the shop. It's been very busy and we're moving out that designer yarn, finally. Lots of new things will be arriving this spring. (shhh, it's a secret or a surprise, depending on how you look at it).

I have started a couple new projects. I'm using Roma (light blue color) to knit a cute new sweater on the front of Knit 1. I'm going to make it shorter but I think it will be a cute throw on sweater come spring. I love this Roma yarn, second to Karabella Aurora 8. I'm also making Ellie a cute little sweater using Roma in white.

Have you seen the cute spa sock in Knit 1 using Blue Sky Organic cotton? It is so cute. I want to make a bunch for gifts. Will get photos soon but my camera is driving me crazy, the batteries keep dying.

Making progress on WIP:
I'm on the last sleeve of Dan's sweater. It fits! I'm on the second sock of Joshua's sock (finishing Dan's sweater has slowed down other projects)

Have you read "Knitting under the influence"? yet? It is very entertaining and has more of a plot than I first thought. I'm hoping to get a bookclub started, where we can read some great books and we can knit during the discussion. I do knit at other bookclubs that I attend but I always feel a little odd. I think they think that I cannot follow the discussion if I knit. Hey, if I can knit in the movie theater in the dark, I can do anything. Now, if I could just bring my spinning wheel to the movies.
Keep it up - we still have several months before we hit 60 degrees (probably not till June) Bonny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home