Fiberit

Sunday, March 11, 2007

March Shearing




Woolen Meadow Farm had their spring shearing today. Josh, Ellie and Mom came with. It was a spectacular day - 40 degrees and sunny. Photos:










Josh & Ellie getting a visit from the sheep! Coming over!









Now, this IS a roll in the hay!








Look into my eyes......










Sheared sheep have lost their fleece!









Sue sorting fleece








This is one whole fleece! It is so black and velvety!



All the sheep were done and it was time to head home. Now they can settle down to having their lambs. Josh & Ellie loved the cat, Ottis, and his acrobats in the rafters of the barn. The rooster (top photos)was a hit too.
I brought home 7 bags of fleece - four white, two lt. grey and one dark grey. They are all gorgeous. Don't wait if you want some. I'm spinning Hannah in the grease. (Sorry, I forgot the breed right now) Most of them are Corriedale/Romney.
I love the shearing time. I love the smells, the touch, and the earthiness of it all. Lucky Sue gets to live there all the time.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home