Fiberit

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Birthdays

Two men very important to me have their Birthdays today. My son and my friend. Dan is 18 and we won't give B's age away.

The day after Dan was born there was a very wet March snow storm and my family could not get to the hospital that evening so we were all alone in the hospital room. He was a very content baby and I was able to catch some sleep. It had been 14 years since my last pregnancy so I was content to be cared for in the hospital. "Not that anxious Mom wanting to get home right away". I had come in the night before, then waited all day before he was born. I got an extra day this way.

We will celebrate his birthday on the 18th with a lovely dinner at Kincaids.

Fleece:
As you all know I brought home 7 bags of new fleece last Saturday but I brought home one bag too many. I was supposed to leave Hannah to be shown at the Fair. I had not spun her or washed her, thank heaven, so I think Sue can still use the fleece. She is beautiful! I believe she is romney/corriedale/and leiscester.

I am now in the process of bagging fleece. It is not a tough job. I love it - my hands will be full of lanolin and feeling nice. I could probably spin silk today without snagging my skin.

I tried spinning Amelia in the grease. It's easy to spin but it looks dirty. I'm not sure how it will look after I wash it. I'll give it a try and see what the end result looks like.

New sock yarn from Mt. Colours and Claudia Handpaints arrived today. Can hardly wait to try Claudias - lovely colors.


It's a great day to be outside spinning, if you're not out there already, it's 60 degrees!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home