Fiberit

Sunday, February 04, 2007

It's a Sunday


This is the kind of sunday I've been waiting for since Oct. 30th! I finally got a sunday to wake up late, make coffee, knit and watch "Sunday Morning" on television. I love these Sundays when I don't have to be anywhere and the whole day spreads out before me. However, I start getting a little anxious around 3 PM. I feel like I'm not getting enough accomplished, as much as I'd hoped anyway, and the day is running out. I had planned on not leaving the house today. It's so far below zero I've forgotten the number. I will stay home and catch up around the house.

I did curl up in my Pink Plaid chair and read "Knitting Under the Influence" by Claire LaZebnik. It is very funny and is developing a fun plot. I have a couple in the shop for sale. I didn't order the new Hot book because B & N has a huge display is their store. The new Hot book right now if "The Friday Night Knitter's Club". Has had great reviews and supposedly a movie is in the making with Julia Roberts (next Fall, I think).

Yesterday it was as cold as today but Minnesotans were out and about. The shop was busy all day. It took them until noonish to get going but they got out! Nothing stops these hardy people. My friend is ice fishing with his boys on the lake in some kind of wind breaker tent. Unbelievable!

This is the kind of cold that hurts. You step outside and you hold your arms down close to your body after covering every piece of exposed skin, and walk fast so you can keep the warmth inside as long as possible until you get to your below zero car. Well, if the car starts, you are in great spirits! Driving this frozen car across the ice it growns as it starts to move and slowly the engine warms up. Meanwhile you are sitting in your seat with shoulders scrunched up hoping to keep the heat inside your coat for a minute longer. My hand acutally hurt from being cold on the way home and I had to sit them (one at a time, I was driving afterall) to keep it warm. This is not fun folks!

Therefore, today I have not gone outside, just the garage for paint supplied. I'm working on repairs around the house. I puttied up the holes where I removed a curtain rod last fall. I will paint over it tomorrow and hang the new curtains. I finally found some drapes I liked and they were on sale.







I have been needle felting bags and sewing felted bags all day. I think I'm finally making progress. Photos later.
These purses were made by felting sweaters and then cutting them and sewing them together as a purse. The pears were needle felted and I've added a bamboo handle.


Keep knitting and oh, yea, watch the superbowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home