Fiberit

Thursday, March 25, 2010

SHEARING DAY!

Seriously! This sheep would not leave the shearer alone. It was like he was hunting for his fleece. "Hey mister, where is it!?" " Can I use the won you're taking off of her?"























My White Fleece - Beautiful Ice




My Gray fleece










ALL DONE











Easter egg time is once again upon us! Dyeing eggs is serious business!











Having a virus this week and flooding over here on the river has kept me stranded for a few days. The Grandchildren were over this weekend. I asked them, "Where did I get this cold, who gave it to me?" Logan, in a sweet, matter of fact voice said, "I did Nana, I didn't want it anymore." Like he was doing me a favor!!!! Too funny

I've never lived where it floods before, so I find it quite interesting trying to drive from Carver to New Prague. It took me an hour the other day, so I decided it wasn't worth the drive until the river recedes. The Minnesota River did not flood Carver but it came darn close. Actually, it's great to see the water up this high instead of brown grass where the water should be, but I don't want homes to be destroyed, but it's nice to have water levels up again.









I have been knitting and finished Ellie's sweater: Photos are not great so I need to get her to model it for me and then I'll write up the pattern. First photo is laying on the side for blocking. Second photo is hanging and it's the front view but you cannot see the detail very well. I'll try again when she's cooperating and will actually leave it on for a few minutes.










I'm finishing my lavender sweater from Garn Studio and will have a photo as soon as I finish putting it together. I have started a "Swirly Sweater " for Ellie and will post a little later when I have more than 10 rows done.

This weekend I have decided to go to Minneapolis, Curran's Restaurant for the afternoon on Sat. If the flood doesn't recede by then in Jordan, I will not be in New Prague either.

Found a great new artist this weekend in Carver Artist Show. She makes these adorable Monster Dolls for kids and is writing a book to go with each story. Check out her website


http://www.myshiznits.com/ and let me know what you think. I was thinking of selling Them in New Prague.
A new knitting group has formed on the third Thursday of each month in Chanhassen at the American Legion. I think it was 7 - 9 pm. Let's check it out!

Have a great one!

















































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home