Fiberit

Monday, January 18, 2010

Crazy weekend

Had a great class on Saturday and several customers. Also, shirley came out from Minneapolis to see the shop, knit awhile and have a great lunch at Chameleons. We tried to get into Schumacher's but it was swamped and we couldn't get in right away, we were hungry and it was 1:00 pm already. It's very nice in there and I was glad to see them doing well.

Food is always upfront for me. I love food, almost any kind, I'm not fussy. So, my next stop was Victoria House to pick up their Pepperoni Soup (signature soup for their restaurant). I wanted to serve it on Sunday when my aunt and uncle came out for a visit. Also, my son, son in law, friend and grandchildren were all arriving for lunch. It was a hit! It's a broth type soup with hamburger or sausage, tomatoes, onions and great spices and you top it off with chopped pepperoni and parmesan cheese. Ommmmm, good! Did I mention the guys that own Victoria House are opening up in Chaska (where Paulys used to be). I am very excited, they have great food and great prices.

So, Sunday was crazy busy but lots of fun, watching the game, the children running through the house, fixing food, doing dishes every hour was a hi-light (if you know what I mean). My friend brought his 1 year old springer over and Josh ran around with him outside playing tag. The dog was definitely faster. A good time was had by all.

Josh wants to learn to use the spinning wheel, my lendrum was being driven for most of the day but I figured it needed some spinning. He also wants to learn how to knit, really bad!!!
I tried Ellie's new vest on to see if it would be the correct size and it looks like it will work. I am making up this pattern as I go, so we'll see.

Dan stayed for awhile and we got to catch up on all his news. He bought his first Condo this week and moves in in February.

Still working on the fluffy blanket and Ellie's vest. Photos soon. Tonight is Monday night in Chaska - such a great group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home