Fiberit

Friday, March 05, 2010

march

March is a busy month. I definitely have the itch for Spring to be sprung. These lovely sunny days in the near 40's get me thinking about my garden plans and the 3 or 4 knitting projects I have unfinished from last summer and some new ones I want to get done for this summer.

I developed a head cold this last week so blogging has been on the back burner. I have been working on some felting projects for Easter and hope to have them done by the weekend for New Prague. I am doing a felting demo in New Prague on Saturday morning for anyone who would like to stop by. We'll be doing some shoelaces for hockey skates and some three dimensional needle felting.

I am currently designing a cabled vest sweater for 5 year olds. It's out of Karabella Aurora 8 and it's coming along quite nicely. I'm up to the arm holes and then I'm going to add a hood per Ellie's directions. Photo later.

I'm also looking at some cottons for summer projects - Louet has a great pattern out of their Linen yarn that I'd love to make up into kits. It's a summer shell with lace sleeves.
www.louet.com

I have taken a booth at Shepher's Harvest this year. I will have my felted jackets, purses, slipper, mittens and trivets. Also, I'll be bringing some handdyed fleece and roving. Really excited to be a part of this event. I love going as a customer and I'm sure I'll enjoy being a vendor.

I taught Josh how to knit last weekend. He has been bugging me for years (he's only 5) and finally I felt he was old enough to sit still for 5 minutes to learn. HE DID IT! It was amazing. It wasn't perfect but he got the technique right away. He wants to knit hats!

Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home