Fiberit

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

It is a beautiful winter day Feb. 2nd. The snow coming down last night was amazing - it was shiny/sparkly and light fluffy stuff. Loved it. The groundhog has decided we have 6 more weeks, however.



Stopped at Dunn Bros on the way home last night and found one lonely knitter waiting for me. We didn't stay long due to the weather and my tired eyes but we had a nice visit.



I'm doing a beginning baby sweater class on Wed/Sat in New Prague. We're using sock yarn for a small baby. I'm making one for a new baby in the family. Join us, if you can, it's not too late.



My newest experiment is making shoe laces out of roving, either twisting it or spinning it first, and then felting it. I'll post some photos once I get a chance to try it. Thought it would be a fun class for kids this summer.



I started a vest for Ellie out of Karabella. It's got 3 cables on it and is a knock off from an adult version, sort of. It's one she picked so hopefully she'll wear it. If it works, I'll write it up.



I've been busy working and being in New Prague wed/sat. Hopefully, come spring we can do some evening classes. I'm also considering some space in Carver to host classes in the Carver Antique building. Would be a great space to knit/spin or weave. I'm hoping to get the attention of more spinners and start a group once a month on Sundays down there.



Went to see "UP IN THE AIR" last weekend. It was good. A movie for todays audiences.

Interesting twist on the male/female relationship. I sure hope this isn't what is going on out there.



Have a great day - sit and knit somewhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home