Fiberit

Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring Events

Someone said to me last week that she always wanted to learn how to knit but just didn't have time, she couldn't sit still that long. There was always something to do, dust, dishes, make food, make beds, etc.

I think being a knitter or crafter person, this has always taken precedence over my housekeeping. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a clean house but I can live with disarray for a few days before I have to vacuum up the dust. I'm so glad I can sit and knit and create pieces of art.

It certainly makes my world better and brighter. I'm not the best knitter, weaver, spinner or felter but I enjoy the process.

I rarely knit a pattern the way it is supposed to be knit. This is mostly by mistake, my daughter calls it ADD but it doesn't really matter to me "why". Now if you are a perfectionist, this would probably drive you crazy but I can live with a few mistakes. I Enjoy the process, I learn something with every mistake.



EVENTS:



I have notice of several events coming up alread: Woolen Meadow Farm shearing is April 3rd, in Delano. www.woolenmeadowfarm.com for more information

Yarn Over is April 17 - Saturday only at the Hopkins High School - Vendors, classes, Cat Bordhi is the speaker and also offers classes. Not to be missed. www.minnesotaknittersguild.com

Shepherd's Harvest, Mother's day weekend May 8 and 9th (they have angora bunnies, if they have babies I may have to have one). I'm hoping to have a booth this year with felted jackets, purses, etc. plus some handdyed fleece. www.shepherdsharvest.com

All of these are great events for knitters, spinners, weavers and felters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home