Fiberit

Sunday, October 25, 2009

This is sock/shawl weight from Land O Lace. Handdyed at a very nice price. She sent me two scarf patterns and everyone at Bungee loved this yarn. She also has handdyed lace in merino/silk blend. www.landolace.com

Cascade Heritage is another new sock/scarf weight yarn that arrived last week.
and of course we have to have Cascade Tweed for sweaters, hats, mittens and felted projects!

We had a great time at Bungee again. Everyone is working on something new or finishing an old project. The mixed berry pie alamode wasn't bad either!
Weaving student finished her scarf in one day on the Ashford Knitter's loom. Such a fun loom, you can weave a scarf faster than you can knit it on this loom. This particular customer has a great stash to work from to make many lovely scarves.
This week is Holloween and we are having a book signing in New Prague by an author who writes children's books. This is his second, I believe, about the old days of trick or treats in the Country. Very cute book.
I have a lawn covered in a blanket of leaves and now I'm praying for a nice strong wind to come blow them away. They are too wet to rake or mow so that's what I'm hopin' for.
I'm up to the arm pits on Logan's sweater, started a sleeve and then had to stop so I could start this cute little purse (felted heart shape) in the book "Norwegian Handknits" by Sue Flanders and Janine Kosel (Minneapolis native, works at Three Kittens Yarn Shop) This is designed after the Leather Waist Pouch dated to 1795-when men carried leather waist pouches because their garments had no pockets. This version is knit and felted and then embroidered. I love it! Mine is purple and I'll get a photo when I get more done.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home